Our mission is to recognise all animals as sentient beings with an entitlement to a good quality life. A life devoid of pain and suffering.If that’s something you feel passionate about, why not get involved in supporting Animal Welfare Society? There is something for everyone to get involved with:
- Our late Chief Executive Hound, Colonel who loved his food suggested hosting a Come Dine with me Week among friends and the prize winner is always AWSS!
- Early bird? Host a breakfast with friends and family , and ask them to donate the price they would pay in a local café.
- Adventurous and active animal lover? Take on an active challenge such as cycling, running, rowing or even skydiving.
- Smarty pants? Donate your time and expertise to AWSS projects.
- Dog lover – join us daily between 10am and 3pm to walk and socialise with our shelter dogs.
- Crazy cat lovers – if you are an experienced and reliable cat owner, offer to foster kittens. Otherwise all our cats just love a little chat and belly rubs.
- Get down and dirty! Wash, clean and scrub kennels; tackle our laundry pile or sort out our storage containers, we need all the help we can get.
- Event guru’s, why not donate your time to assist with upcoming events, volunteer on the day, sell tickets or help spread the word.
- Lastly, in order for all our shelter animals to receive the best care and find their happily ever after’s we need continuous funding. Sign up for a debit order, Snap Scan donations, SMS to donate, swipe a MySchool card or drop your coins in our tins – together we can be the difference.